Patients who have been identified as having an increased risk of developing complications from Covid-19 infection will have received a letter.
This letter is intended to ‘shield‘ you from any unnecessary risk.
- We ask you not to ring the practice to discuss this – this has already overwhelmed the switchboard and staff at the practice.
- We cannot book appointments for you to discuss this letter with a GP – GPs are triaging appointments to understand whether a patient’s symptoms require them to be seen.
- The NHS has used information about your health, past and present to decide who may be at a greater risk should they become infected by the coronavirus.
- We cannot ‘delete’ information about you as some patients have asked.
- We cannot ‘tell the NHS’ that you do not believe you are at greater risk – information from your medical record has supported the decision to send you this letter.
- The decision as to whether you agree to follow the instructions in the NHS letter remains with you.
We ask you to follow the advice in the letter to keep you safe.