Tier 3 – Covid-19 mass testing in Warwickshire – when and where it will start
Health bosses have revealed when and where mass Covid-19 testing will begin in Warwickshire. Public Health Warwickshire officials have been working to launch the quick turn-around tests. A decision was taken to launch the scheme in the areas of Warwickshire where Covid-19 has hit hardest – North Warwickshire and Nuneaton and Bedworth.
When and where the testing will take place
- From Tuesday, December 8 the mass testing will go live with the North Warwickshire site at Water Orton Methodist Hall.
- From Monday, December 14 it will go live at the Saunders Club in Bedworth
- From Monday, December 14 it live at Nuneaton Fire Station. This will be a temporary site at Nuneaton Fire Station
- The Nueaton site will then move to the United Reform Church from week starting December 21.
- Lillington in Leamington from December 21.
The mass testing involves Lateral flow tests. These handheld tests can give a result in about 20 minutes, without the need for a laboratory.
Anyone who reports a positive result are then called in for an official test.
The aim of the quick turnaround tests is to help prevent the spread of the virus, especially among the asymptomatic who may be passing on Covid-19 unknown.