Prescriptions Charges and Exemptions
Extensive exemption and remission arrangements protect those likely to have difficulty in paying charges (NHS prescription and dental charges, optical and hospital travel costs).
The NHS prescription charge is a flat-rate amount which successive Governments have thought it reasonable to charge for those who can afford to pay for their medicines. Prescription prepayment certificates (PPCs) offer real savings for people who need extensive medication.
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.00
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £104.00
3-month PPC: £29.10
- Surgical bra: £29.50
- Abdominal or spinal support: £44.55
- Stock modacrylic wig: £72.80
- Partial human hair wig: £192.85
- Full bespoke human hair wig: £282.00
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months, or more than 15 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
- There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees online NHS Prescription Costs
Repeat Prescriptions and NHS POD - Prescription Ordering Service
With effective from 1 October 2019 we will not be accepting requests for repeat prescriptions. Patients will be asked to use the Coventry Prescription Ordering Service (POD) for all repeats. This not only frees up staff time but it ensures all prescription requests are handled consistently. The POD is now used by all GP practices in Coventry, Rugby, Bedworth and Nuneaton.
As a reminder:
NHS Prescription ordering direct (POD) service is the easy way for you to order your repeat prescription! Patients are advised to:
- Please check your medication cupboard before ordering
- Order your prescription when you have 5 days of medication left
- If you have a build up of medication please let the POD know so that they can adjust the quantities, so that everything falls in line
- Please do not order ‘just in case’. If you need the medication in future then you will still be able to request it
- Let the POD know if you have stopped taking any of your medicines
Please click here to view the POD leaflet for more detail about the service.
(024) 7624 6072 Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm
PATIENTS WHO ARE REGISTERED FOR ONLINE PRESCRIPTION ORDERING WILL STILL BE ABLE TO USE THIS FACILITY
Electronic Prescription Service
This practice uses EPS (Electronic Prescription Service) which means your prescription can be delivered electronically to your preferred pharmacy. The POD Prescription Ordering Service will ask you which pharmacy you wish to nominate, once this has been set up, ALL prescriptions will automatically be sent to that pharmacy for your convenience.
You will only be able to request a result, over the phone, on Tuesdays between 12:00noon-14:00pm when a Patient Services Navigator will be available for this purpose. Our staff will not give out results at any other time. When you ring, the phone system will clearly remind you that results will not be given over the phone at other times.
If your result needs to be communicated to you urgently WE WILL CONTACT YOU, so please make sure we have up-to-date contact details on our system. If we do not contact you this does not mean your test results are NORMAL